Jacksonville Business Journal | by Brian Bandell | April 27, 2021
Aventura-based MG3 Developer Group sold eight charter school campuses throughout Florida for a combined $242 million, the company said.
MG3 Principal Hernan Leonoff said the eight campuses were acquired by Education Growth Fund LLC, a nonprofit corporation. Six of the schools were ground-up developments by MG3, while the other two were renovations of commercial buildings.
“We are proud to have been early pioneers in the charter school movement and to have successfully built over 40 educational facilities in the state of Florida thereby providing educational opportunities and choices for thousands of students across the state,” Leonoff said in a statement with fellow MG3 Principals Gustavo Bogomolni and Marcelo Saiegh.
The charter school campuses in the deal:
- Everglades Prep Academy, 2251 Mowry Drive, Homestead
- Avant Garde Academy Broward, 2025 McKinley St., Hollywood
- Bridge Prep Academy of Riverview, 6309 U.S. 301, Riverview
- Bridge Prep Academy of Duval, 6400 Atlantic Blvd., Jacksonville
- Orange County Prep Academy, 10250 University Blvd., Orlando
- Bell Creek Academy, 13221 Boyette Road, Riverview
- Hillsborough Academy of Math & Science, 9659 W. Waters Ave., Tampa
- Navigator Academy of Leadership, 1101 E. Bloomingdale Ave., Valrico
Following this deal, MG3 still owns 10 charter school sites. It’s building a charter school in the former Miami Herald printing plant in Doral.
Image: Everglades Prep Academy in Homestead.